Copy it and fill in your own answers, either here or on your blog.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No. Mom once told me she combined the first half of Dad’s name (JAck) with the last half of her own (RachEL) and stuck the ‘n’ in so it would work. I believed her until the first time I met a girl with the same name as mine – and discovered I am one of two people in the US who spells it without the “e” on the end.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Wednesday afternoon, 12/5. (I was at a funeral.)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING Yes
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Smoked Turkey.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 1 Son, 1 Daughter
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? No.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? I try to, but I’m not very good at it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? NO, NO and NO.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Raisin-Nut Bran
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes
12. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE STRONG? No.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla swimming in hot fudges and caramel.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Strong or weak handshake.
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My weight.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I don’t know if I miss him the most, but I’ve missed Dad the longest.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black pants, grey & white New Balance walkers
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Roast Beef Burrito
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Sod field trucks, tractors, graders & machinery rumbling around and getting put away for the winter.
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Grey
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? My horse
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Becky
24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes. (I wonder if anyone every says no?)
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Thoroughbred horse racing; Nebraska football
26. HAIR COLOR? Brown with streaks of grey. (I like my grey hair – I worked hard for it)
27. EYE COLOR? Brown
28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes
29. FAVORITE FOOD? Mexican
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Can’t remember the title!? (It was on satellite; starred Diane Keaton as the ‘old maid’ who is dying of leukemia. She is the estranged sister of Meryl Streep who was the mother of Leo DiCaprio… Best line to come out of Hollywood in years, when Keaton’s character is talking about how good her life has been in the area of love and Streep says, “Yes, a lot of people love you.” Keaton’s answers, “That’s not what I meant. I have been so blessed to have such people in my life to love.” I should also point out that Keaton’s character is the caregiver to her invalid father and his elderly, eccentric sister.)
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black sweater under a red sweatshirt.
33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
34. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
35. FAVORITE DESSERT? The next one.
36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? An art deco coffee cup and the words “Le Café.”
38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LATE LAST NIGHT? News.
39. FAVORITE SOUND? Four-part a capella harmony
40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither: Martina McBride
41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Salzburg, Austria
42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Maybe
43. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Oakland, NE