Friday, September 07, 2007

TGIF

I’m getting ready to duck out of here and go pack for an overnighter at Rock Creek Station with my saddle club. I’ve never been to this particular park, but I’ve heard they have some good riding trails. Next weekend I’ll be cooking for another cowgirl camp. That will be the last CC for this year. There’s one more weekend ride I usually go to in October. Fall is the best time to go. I won’t make it to River City Roundup this year because I have a wedding in Illinois on the 22nd and another one here on the 29th. I will get to visit with the riders when they stay overnight in Arlington. I can drop in on them and say “hi.”

It’s been kind of a quiet week around here as well as a short one with Monday being a holiday. The heat wave seems to be over – it was ushered out by yet another thunderstorm last night, so we are all relieved. We had .20 in our gauge this morning.

Emily is still on crutches, but will see the doctor on Thursday, so maybe she’ll be able to start walking on it soon. It’s still pretty sore, but she can touch it now without wincing.

I’ve noticed a few trees just starting to put on their golds and yellows. I drove past a cornfield a couple days ago that is completely brown and looks ready to pick. Most of the landscape is still green, though. Even greener than usual with all the rain of late.

Pretty boring, huh? I don’t even have any good puns today!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

I posted this on the Gatewood family blog, too but I'm repeating it here.
I thought the Gatewood clam might get a kick out of this:

http://mconnealy.blogspot.com/

I'd say this is the Gatewood family Christmas card from 1962. You probably all have copies but Marybelle found this and I asked if I could have it to show you.
Feel free to steal it from my blog and put it on yours.

LaDawn said...

I wish I could go to cowgirl camp!

Myrnagj said...

The Sacramento valley is has a haze of smoke from two forest fires miles away. The mountains near The Johnston's near Reno are also looking smokey. And we saw Smokey the bear at the Balloon races.