Answers to LDCP's questions.
This was very thought provoking!
1. When you were 18, what did you imagine your future would look like? How close is your reality to your vision?
At 18, I signed up for classes at Wayne State (Nebraska) and planned to major in P.E. with a minor in music and become a teacher. After attending one semester, I left for Basic Training and didn’t go back to college until 12-13 years later. I never became a teacher, but I stay physically active with my horses and am still involved in music, by way of a Gospel quartet.
2. What is one piece of advice you wish you'd been given as a young person?
Know and develop your strengths and talents. Know your weaknesses, but don’t chide yourself for them.
3. What is the best money you ever spent? My horses.
4. What was your biggest financial mistake-the complete waste of money that haunts you to this day?
I’ve mishandled money since the day I started earning it. I wish I had a nickel for every dime I wasted. I’d be independently wealthy.
5. What has been the best surprise of married life? And the worst?
That it gets better with time. I haven't discovered the worst, yet.
6. What is the best thing about being a woman? And the worst?
I don’t know – I’ve never been anything else so I don’t have anything to compare it to.
7. At this point of your life, is there a dream which you will never fulfill? What is it and what makes you so sure it's out of reach?
No. I will always be in pursuit of my dream until I die. I am full of stories & poems that I want to write, but I keep getting distracted.