Thursday, July 22, 2010

How I spent my summer vacation:

Attended a lovely wedding in one of the most beautiful Catholic churches in South Dakota.

Laughed ‘til I cried – several times. There are a number of waitresses between here and North Dakota who can verify…

Reconnected with a very cherished childhood friend/cousin and her awesome family.

Used 8 rolls of 35 mm film. (24 exp each) Yup – I’ll be posting pix soon.

Gained 8 pounds.

Finished reading a great book (Captivating by John and Stasie Eldridge – every woman in the world needs to read this book!)

Ran out of:
Money
Clean clothes
Energy
Deodorant (sorry)

Maxed out a MC.
Had just enough food to get home…

Best vacation EVER!!!

Life is good.

And how did you spend your summer vacation?

PS - if you need a house sitter, I had the best one on the planet. Will deifinitely recommend him to anyone.

5 comments:

Jim said...

I am glad that you could attend your friend's wedding. Sounds here like you had a bunch of fun while you were there. Traveling gets like that and yes, it does take a bunch of money.
What happened to your digital camera? I hope you didn't give up on it.
..
Thanks for being my FB friend. I intend to be pretty low key there. I was going to hide being Oscar but nobody would be friends with that.
..
I just got back from vacation and have some of my dirty clothes in washing. Mr. J. is staying until Aug 4 for granny nanny duty.
..

Peter said...

Sure sounds like a fun time Janell

Sue said...

What a great trip. Can't wait to hear more details.

Paul Nichols said...

We want pix! We want pix! :)

Myrnagj said...

What a great synopsis of a vacation.