Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Goodness! Has it really been two months!?!
Let's see... what blogworthy things have I been doing...?

I got some new shoes.
The snow melted and the creek didn't flood.
I've been out riding Bubba a few times.
I started some hollyhocks, columbine and daisies in a makeshift 'greenhouse'. They are doing well, but need to be re-potted.
I planted some gladiolus, a dahlia, crocosmius and everlastig peas. (Haven't come up yet.) I planted some rhubarb roots, some of which have sprouted. And some Iris, which were already sprouted. The Iris are doing well, even thought they keep getting molested by the cats.
We had a spectacular thunderstorm for me to drive home in Friday night. The rain gauge says we got two inches that night.
A very kind music professor at Dana College is coaching my gospel quartet so I am learning new things about singing every week.. I love it!!


If you'd like to see some evidence of what else might be occupying my time, you can go here.

I'm still learning how to make the best use of the digital camera in my posession, but I still have better results with my 35 mm. Thought you might like these:


When I was at Dana last week the flowering crab were blooming like mad...

Don't they smell good? (Yes, these are from my 35 mm)

And congratulations to my blog-partner, Joe on the March 16 arrival of Alexander Gavin! Hoping he will post a pic or two here. The ones I got via snail mail are so CUTE!!

Okay, Cliff, now you don't have to come out here... I might come see you, tho. I need to go riding with Juli some time soon.

6 comments:

Myrnagj said...

Is the sky really that blue? I can almost smell the flowers. We have star jasmine flowering here--I can smell it even if I don't see it.

Rachel said...

I want to go riding too!!

Sounds like you have been keeping busy Janell. It's easy for 2 months to pass by before you know it. Seems like time just flies along. I have a hard time blogging and keeping up with reading other people's blogs.

I love your photo blog!! Nice!!!

Janell said...

Myrna; Yes! The sky was really that blue that day! The fragrance of the blossoms made me giddy. I'll bet your jasmine are absolutely intoxicating!

Rachel; I sure wish you could go riding with me! Thanks for visiting my photo blog. I hope all is well with you! I have a church sign pic for you - as soon as I learn how to download and send without it taking FOREVER! Something about the digitals makes them take a l-o-o-o-ng time to upload. Any advice would be welcome!

Jim said...

I'd like to go riding with you guys too! The last time I was on a horse was at Cliff's for Blogspot '08. Come to think of it we could do that again. :)

We can't grow hollyhocks or rhubarb here. I miss them from Nebraska. Seems most years somehow I get a piece or two of rhubarb pie at any rate.

Thanks for peeking in on me. I didn't give up on you but it was a long wait. :)
..

Janell said...

Jim! Thanks for dropping in! I hope we can do a Blogstock rerun soon. Cliff? Ralph? I have room here for an outdoor bar-be-que or whatever...

Cliff said...

I see I'm late here. Get to coming for the ride,,,just think I'll not participate.
I had a camera shop man explain to me why film cameras will always take better photos than digitals but of course I don't remember the reason.
Great pic tho.
Great to hear about the quartet work. Nice of the prof to do that.