Thursday, February 25, 2010

I discovered a use for the 15-20 foot piles of snow surrounding me:
It makes a perfect screen for shadow puppets!
Of course, I only know how to make one shadow puppet, and it requires two hands, so I can't make the shadow puppet and take a picture of it at the same time.
So here's me, (and my shadow) waving hello:





Hello!

And some news: I have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. I now have in my posession both a cell phone and a digital camera, courtesy of my daughter. A few years ago, we gave Emily a tracphone for Christmas and when she graduated from college, we gave her a digital camera. Well, then a few months ago, she upgraded to a cell phone that also takes pictures. So she gave me the old tracphone and the digital camera is with me, on indefinite loan.

So I spent yesterday morning learning how to text on the phone. (If you want my new cell phone number, email me and I'll email it back to you.)
And I spent this morning, learning how to upload pictures onto the computer, so I can share them with you.

Okay, now I have to go and do responsible things like housework... and eating... and sleeping... and stuff like that.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

8 comments:

Paul Nichols said...

...and so it has begun.

Well, have fun with it. You can take barn and fence picture, you know.

Myrnagj said...

Congratulations on your new "tech stuff". Enjoy.

Peter said...

Welcome to the digital photo world, not so much the cell-phone world.

Jim said...

That's good Janell! Welcome to the digital money trap club. We finally got cable TV when the rabbit ears stopped working so we are in too.

You have a cute shadow, our nice Houston, Texas, musicians, ZZ Top would love your picture ("She's got legs" song).
..

Rachel said...

I like the digital photo world, but not so crazy about cell phones, unless in emergencies of course!

Your shadow makes you look taaallllll!!

shelbs87 said...

I got a text message from you yesterday!!! it made me smile! I would have replied but I was on my way to work... :(

Janell said...

Paul; GUARANTEED!!

Myrna; thanks. I've been having fun with them.

Peter; thanks. I am definitely enjoying the camera. I've found that texting is convenient - but also a time-eater.

Jim; I think that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about my shadow. Okay, it's actually the only thing that anyone's ever said about my shadow!

Rachel; Actually it's the snow pile that's making me look tall! I almost stopped on the highway today and took a church sign pic for you. I'll catch it next time.

ShelbyShelby; I miss you! Let me know how you are doing!

Cliff said...

How can such small objects take up so much time. (while just trying to learn how to use them.)